selina
What does it really mean "to be strong and courageous...to be very strong and courageous"?

It's been a long day and night. A long chat with my Father. He seemed silent while I poured continously from my longing heart. My limited mind cannot contain the chain of thoughts which flooded in...all sort of concerns. I had known this is not an easy season, but God promised strength and courage. My mind understood it well but the heart is still finding its grip every now and then when the ride gets rough. My eyes need constant check to realign and focus. The focal point is the Cross. When it gets too difficult and painful, the reference point is Christ. He settled it on the Cross. How can I nullify that power? "But, God..." Before my train of thoughts chugged on in the dark of the night, he whispered, "Be strong and courageous. Be very strong and courageous." "I know. But like how?" I argued weakly.

The scene of the entire day took a quick flash. "Look at him," he spoke very gently.

Ashton was exploring his steps from his favourite stool to another chair (several trips) at breakfast while munching his cheese. I reminded him to sit. I must say it requires lots of energy to be consistent. Before I said again, he missed his steps and slipped in between those two seats. I hung on to his arm just in time but his right trunk hit the chair and he burst out in tears. He was soothed and cautioned for the umpteenth time this season.

Bath time was fun till he fell right on his back. He cried a bit and got right up and jumped into the tub again ready to continue the joy of the touch of water.

In between his play throuhgout the day he had some minor slips. He wasn't concerned.

In the evening at my parents', he dashed onto the sofa chair to hit himself on the metal rim at the side. It sounded bad. He burst into tears and showed me his hurting lower abdomen. Within a few seconds in my comforting arms, he freed himself to continue his neverending exploration.

Nothing deterred him despite the hits, falls and pain throughout the day. He regained his strength, speed and spirit instantly! He obviously, inevitably grow. The best part is - he enjoys it!

Tonight...hmm, already a new morning...Thank you, Lord for the lesson.

Friends, leave a comment and let me know your thoughts of "be strong and courageous...be very strong and courageous." What does it mean to you?


2 Responses
  1. Gillian Says:

    :> Right now, struggling to establish new, un-tried programs in Malaysia, I'm learning to keep pushing thru... to trust God when everything seems bleak... And you and your family were in my thoughts the pass few days. Indeed, I'm often strengthened just thinking of the courage that you all show, even on the days when you don't feel courageous or feel as if you have faith. It's the strength inside that God puts inside us that I feel is "Be strong and courageous"... There is so much work to do, and the world is daunting.


  2. pen Says:

    It is to keep going on no matter how tough the situation seem. Not bowing down to circumstances, embracing challenges as it comes. Finding this season to be hard as I long to grow in the different areas. Joshua 1:9 is constantly ringing my mind. It is as if God is saying...haiyoh, have I not commanded you? I will be with you...just be strong and courageous.