selina
Life is indeed like a "box of colour pencils" to me like I just mentioned. In those pages of my life, there's still much to be coloured. In some pages I can't wait for them to be filled up beautifully. There has been a stirring in my heart to do so many things in this lifetime. I wonder if I will get to do them all.

Through the years of mothering I've been reading a lot to the kids and they have been pestering for some good personal stories to be retold in printing. So in our chats we have talked about some "books" to be published one day. One day.

Last night Ash asked me, "If you were to write just one book - just one, which one will it be?" Pretty tough choice. All supposed to be good books :) for a good reason. The answer is quite obvious in my heart. The spontaneuos one that stood out in my mind and heart when I was asked - it will be on my motherhood journey. My passion. My mission. My legacy. The training that I enrolled in by choice.

Today I would be interviewed briefly on a dance piece, "EVA" - I (and my 3 princesses) performed with some mums and their children last year. I've so much to say on being a mum - a vocation so often overlooked by our post-modern culture. Sometimes despised. A stay home mum loses her significance the moment she leaves the secular workforce. From a "somebody", she is reduced to "just a mum at home". An ex-colleague confidently stated, "If you were given a choice again, you would choose to come back to work, right? With a broad smile, I confidently without a shadow of doubt exclaimed, "I would still choose to be a stay home mum." That response caught her by surprise.

So now back to my thoughts on the interview, I've to concise my lengthy thoughts to a few lines. That's quite a feat for me as, if I were to write just one book in my lifetime, this would be IT. God's special training for me and I love it!

To all my beautiful girlfriends who share this same passion, let's say Amen! You are in the most influencial place in the world.
Labels:
2 Responses
  1. p_ewe Says:

    AMEN! Though I'm not there .. YET!


  2. pen Says:

    AMEN too! Tho I'm not anywhere near there yet! :)