edlina & the lynns
Oh, it's here again...where did all the years go?

I would count down the days to Chinese New Year when I was a little girl. A long school break, new clothes, new shoes, everything was new...great excitement filled the air. Time for family renunion. Endless visitations but the same old questions and remarks. "Oh, you've grown so much." Then came the young adulthood..."Any boyfriend?" "Why not?" "Don't wait too long!"

In a flash of time, I am now an adult, a parent but still someone's child...oh, what I mean to say is there's too many responsibilities which overtaken me that I almost forgot the lunar new year is here again. In a way, this is one of the "have to" celebrate occassion by default. But that's not what I want to feel nor pass on. It is a time of newness - new beginnings. It's a welcoming of new spring in China where this culture orginated. Freshness and hope mark the occassion.

Even as I welcome tomorrow a new year in the Chinese calendar, and think of the good things, I can only trace God's doing through his Son, Christ to breathe a fresh hope and abundance in our lives, for he said, "...I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." John 10:10

edlina's nest wishes you and family the fullness of God this season...GONG XI GONG XI!

Labels: ,
0 Responses