edlina & the lynns
Today was scheduled to explore Dandenong. Since the night before was so eventful with my birthday celebration, we decided to tone down by going for our favourite hang-out - bookshop. This time Koorong bookshop. Our kids are always excited at the mention of bookshop. That's enough to entertain them for a long time.

There is a wide selection of materials in Koorong bookshop which got us all very excited and explored from shelf to shelf. Ooh, how I love the books available - so many to browse through and hopefully to pick some up to add to the kids' collection. I managed to find a small size kids' bible for Chrisa for a reasonable price. Without hesitation, I dropped them into the basket as I didn't bring one to Australia. A children's bible is never compact. So this one is a treasure.

As we moved along the shop, we decided the easiest way to browse was just head for the bargain corners. That also took us 3 hours in total. In the midst of reading the Veggie Tales' series to Chrisa, Nat tugged on me and asked a theological question, "Why did God make the tree of the forbidden fruit if He didn't want Adam and Eve to eat it?" The 7 year old must had expected an immediate wise answer from mummy. My tired brain at the end of the 3 hours' hang-out wasn't quick enough to shoot a brilliant response spontaneously. I looked at her and thought a moment. I said, "Ya, that's really a good question.....can we talk in the car later?"

So here we are begin a search into this question, gathering some thoughts from different people of all ages in the house.....before Nat make her own conclusion.

- Selina -
0 Responses