edlina & the lynns
Today we went to Grants Picnic Grounds, Sheerbrooke Forest in Dandenong Ranges. On the way there Uncle Michael stopped at Safeway to buy a big packet of sunflower seeds. I was very excited because this is the first time I will get to feed the birds. The journey did not seem very long and when we arrived, there were crowds of people.

Immediately after getting down from the car, we started feeding the cockatoos. We fed the birds sunflower seeds. There were lots of cockatoos. The cockatoos are white with a yellow crown on top of their heads. The cockatoos were a little violent so we went to feed the crimson rosella. It was red in colour with a bit of green and yellow. They loved Daddy because he was wearing red. They came to him and sat on his hand 7 times. They came and fed from my hand 3 times. I felt happy that they came to me. It was a bit ticklish when they were eating from my hand.
When mummy and the others went to wash their hands, Daddy, Uncle Michael and I went back to feed the cockatoos. When I fed the cockatoos, 4 cockatoos came. I was a little frightened when 4 of them came at once. They started fighting and one of them kicked the other. The two on the sides could not reach the seeds from my hand, so they flew away.

After some time, we went in to have a cup of hot chocolate and fries with the rest of them. We had a good dinner after we left Dandenong Ranges. We had lasagna, pasta, and pizza!!!

- Nathalynn

0 Responses