edlina & the lynns
Many people told me Tasmania is a must-see if I am in Australia. I've wanted so much to visit this island for at least 6 years already. God makes everything beautiful in his time. He delights in the desires of his children and his time is always right. I am so blessed being here in Tassie for the last one week. Exploring the natural beauty and the rich historic heritage is enriching for us as a family. However, I am constantly being challenged to keep my cool and composure as a mum to three very active girls especially Chrisa whose always needing attention.
Bob drove us to a couple of interesting places. One of them was Dip Falls, in the forest reserve. I was trying my best to be in control struggling with Chrisa's nagging whines throughout the journey. Finally, we reached. Phew...

The walk down the steps leading to it wasn't so long but very steep. When we reached the point, it was truly breathtaking. The white torrents of waters rushing down was simply a cool and captivating sight. Before I could take a second look, Chrisa tugged on me to answer her nature call again. I say, "again" because she has been busy with her intake and output throughout our trip. AND we just got to the falls. I tried to distract her hoping she could bear a little longer before we work our way UP but she was pesistent. I told her I didn't know where was the toilet. Oh, could I fool a 3 1/2 year-old?! Immediately, she responded that she saw a toilet sign on the forest map. Hmm...

So reluctantly, I tugged her on my waist and with my own bag which also contributed to the weight, I really had to fight gravity to get up to the top. Upon reaching the top, she had a quick glance on the map and exclaimed, "There it is...(referring to the toilet sign). I told you I saw it." She turned around to look for it and it was just a few meters away. Indeed I was impressed with her keen eyes in locating the sign in the map and successfully applying her knowledge. That was not all, she tilted my head upwards and said firmly, "Look up and say thank you." I did. We whispered a thank you prayer.

I walked away that moment thanking God for the experience. He taught me two lessons through my little one. Firstly, sometimes I long to know the entire revelation of God so that I can be more effective, yet I was reminded that God gives sufficient revelation for me to take the next step. Secondly, the very person who seemed annoying at one moment brought joy and encouragement the next. Everyone is indispensable.
0 Responses