selina
Of all places, I landed up in the children's hospital yesterday. Ashton was admitted. His throat ulcers bothered him to the extent no food/drinks could be consumed. Drip was the last resort to keep him hydrated. As much as I dreaded this measure, I know he needed it after seeing him in much distress.

God has his way of turning every circumstance for the good of his children. Ashton got the rest he needed in the quiet room and my anxiety of his poor input/output taken care of with the drip. The much needed break I cried for the past weeks was being fulfilled in this place :) As I watched my baby settled calmly, my heart was eased into a peaceful state. The rest of the evening and night was my time alone with God. Such tangible gentle presence of God rested on me as I enjoyed this holy moment.

In every human heart only God can fill the void. I am surrounded by love - loving man, loving kids, loving extended family, loving friends yet there's a certain space within which only He can fill and fill it totally.
Labels:
2 Responses
  1. Shaun Says:

    Thank you for the post. What you said in the last paragraph I know is not by coincidence and was something I needed to hear. I've been feeling strangely alone while being surrounded by loving friends all the time like something is missing, only to realize it was Him I've been missing all along.


  2. selina Says:

    Amen!
    Prayed for you today, Shaun, that you will be filled by His Spirit.