selina
Recapturing some busy, but fun moments of Dec 2008.....

The last quarter of 2008.....Ash and Nat passed an audition for a dance project by Anak-Anak Kota (under the Ombak-Ombak Art Studio). They diligently undergone 6 hours of training in the weekends under the abled dance teacher, Aida Redza. More intensive training during the school holidays.

The girls really enjoyed themselves thoroughly working on their creative pieces and exploring contemporary dance in different ways. Not to mention making new friends who share the same passion and interesting way of discovering the history of the city.


Final showcase took them to the streets; first at Campbell Street Market where the history of the market was unfolded and how as youngsters they would like to preserve it. The rerun was held in Little Penang Street Market which attracted a larger and more responsive crowd.



The youth musical "gamelan" team provided an authentic Malaysian rhythm in the background while the younger ones enhanced the drama with dance and movement. The two main characters brought forth the oracles in authentic mixture of Penang dialects seasoned with Malay "bahasa pasar".


The street performances were covered by the journalists. Here's an interview with two young dancers, Ashlynn and Maya by Eduweb.

Syabas!! Was a superb performance by the Penang kia (kids).
Labels:
11 Responses
  1. Gillian Says:

    Wow awesome! Where are your girls learning dance? And my goodness... they are soooooo big!!!!!!! The last time I saw all of you, you just had your second daughter .... back in RGBC days.


  2. selina Says:

    Time flies so it is said...how true, right? Been ages since we last met. My troop has doubled:) My girls take ballet lessons at DancesWorld, Farlim. Mostly they explore their moves at home ever since little. We just play around with music and discover our own body movement. I must say they are really gifted in dance.


  3. Gillian Says:

    Is that Elizabeth's school? Yes, they look gifted in dance - I can hardly tell one from the other; what happened to the little barely-knee-high first daughter, and the babe-in-your-arms second daughter that I remember? *sigh* Remind Penny for me that we have reached our 30's!!! Yikes!

    There are so many dance camps here during the school hols - ur girls shud come and join when they have time :> Or come to Tabernacle of David and join in worship dance!


  4. selina Says:

    Yes, my girls will love any dance event.Maybe one day we'll make it to KL for it. They dance a lot in church too. No, they r not with Elizabeth's tho it's near our place.
    Welcome to the confident age! I think 30s a great decade in life:)Enjoy it!


  5. Gillian Says:

    I hope so :> and u are welcome to come and stay at my place anytime if you're coming down. Hope to see u all someday. :>

    I'll keep an ear out and let u know if I hear anything that the girls might enjoy in the dance line. Would your girls like ballet or contemporary dance best? Or worship dance?


  6. Gillian Says:

    P.S. And btw, would the girls like new character dance shoes? They must surely be going for exam soon?


  7. selina Says:

    Thanks for your offer of your place. Surely will take note.
    My girls can still fit in their character shoes at the moment. Am on the lookout for mulberry colored leotards for later this year.
    They love contemporary dance best though most forms of dance appeal too.


  8. Gillian Says:

    Do let me know when it's time to change leotards then :> And their sizes too!

    Wow! Mulberry already! So they must be ... Grade 4 and Grade 5?


  9. selina Says:

    Ok, thanks! You mean you have contacts?
    They are in Grade 3 this year.


  10. Gillian Says:

    I still dance myself :) I'll buy the leotards from my ballet school. Always delighted to meet a new generation of young people passionate for dance and passionate for the Lord!


  11. oce Says:

    hi there! im chin eng, the apek cina aka the leads actor for Opera Pasar 2008. remember? haha. im actually looking for pics n video of the show. if u dun mind, pls reply to my blog. tq.