edlina & the lynns
The night ended with Ash and Nat telling me to sleep in - the next morning. Hmm, isn't that nice to hear and seems rare when one has kids...and to hear it from kids themselves to their mum. Reason was they wanted to arise earlier than me to prepare breakfast. Oh, so sweet. It warmed my heart to know they, as young as they are also seek to be a blessing by serving others.

I was reminded of the words of the psalmist, "...children a reward from him." Psalm 127:3

The simple invite to stay in bed longer somehow ease the anxiety of the rush in the morning; trying to beat the clock. I had every reason to take my time as I was told not to be found in the kitchen or for that matter, up from bed!

True to their words, they arose earlier than usual. I was greeted with smiles and eager faces, "Mum, you are just in time. Breakfast ready." There laid toasted bread and my instant coffee and their own portions. Another portion ready in the oven for dad whose still in bed :)

It was a pleasant kick off for the day. A sense of accomplishment was in them as they got the day started instead of mum. For me, it was a celebration of motherhood.
0 Responses