edlina & the lynns
Dismal Swamp - the world's only blackwood sinkhole forest. One could choose to walk down to the underground geology or shoot down via a 110 metres slide in 17 seconds. Too bad Ed failed to get his adrenaline pumping as the slide was closed on the day we went. It was too wet thus dangerous to slide down. Ash, the choleric daughter...she is just like daddy, all hoping and eager to slide. Just not the right timing. You can see the slide in the background of this picture.
Trekking through the forest reserve of Dismal Swamp...well, as usual, the Lynns possess too much energy. They are always making dance. Here's one, belting out a new move...music composed by Ash and Nat...lyrics from a story entitled "Crocodile Rock"

Big Tree hidden in the Dip Falls' Forest Reserve. I have a certain attraction to trees. Though I am not a botanist in any sense but trees always points me to my Maker. They possess a certain strength and composure which I so yearn for. This one is an eucalyptus, Browntop Stringybark.




This eucalyptus obliqua stands real tall at 62 meters and 16 meters wide around the base. The Big Tree stands proudly at 400 years of age.

Sitting at the Edge of the World at the mouth of Arthur River. It was freezing but the waves beating against the rocks were telling me the Maker has something to tell me.....I stood at the edge and waited...a sense of the greatness of my Creator overwhelmed me.

A tablet of stone inscribed:
I cast my pebble onto the shore of Eternity.
To be washed by the Ocean of time.
It has shape, form, and substance.
It is me.
One day I will be no more.
But my pebble will remain here.
On the shore of eternity
Mute witness from the aeons.
That today I came and stood
At the edge of the world.


-by Brian Inder
0 Responses