selina
The hand phone beeped again early this morning...a sms came in informing me of my friend's passing away. No matter how prepared I was, I still felt the pain surged in me. What more for his beloved wife and dear parents whom he left behind!

Death doesn't recognize age, gender, race, religion, nor status in life. The fear of the unknown never cease to confront the candidate; and the pain of the loss of their loved ones is tangible.
But, for those who believed in Him, we are convinced that neither death not life, neither angels nor demons, neither present not the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." (Romans 8:38-39)

I rest assured my friend is now in the glorious place; having completed his assignment on earth is now resting in peace. For all of us still present on earth, we still have our assignment to complete. And, the One who entrusted us the divine appointment will take to completion what he has begun in us. Let us make our lives count for eternity.
Labels: ,
2 Responses
  1. Gillian Says:

    Oh no... I'm sorry, dear. Truly for the one who has passed away, it is a New Day with the Lord Jesus - a much happier eternity. But for those left behind it can be hard, although there is hope too, knowing they will be together someday.

    Will be praying for you and the family. May the God of all Comfort be your steadfast shield during this time.


  2. selina Says:

    Thanks. What a comfort to have Jesus.